Friday, December 14, 2012

Heartbroken

I've been shaken to the core by the event that happened today in Connecticut  My thoughts and prayers go out to the families that lost loved ones today. I cannot even imagine, heart breaking.

Today is the day to mourn with those who mourn and grieve with those who grieve. Not to argue over laws and regulations, today is about being thoughtful. Incredibly thoughtful.

These unfortunate, horrible events are unexplainable  There is no why that can be pinpointed and solved. We live in such a fallen world.

I'm so grateful that this world is not my own, that I have a Savior who has saved me. Filled me with grace, forgiven me. Given me hope, even in the darkest of moments.

Unfortunately, these extremes highlight what matters most. What we seem to forget matters when there is a Calculus test on Monday or family tensions are running high.

I'm still trying to figure out what matters most to me, truly and honestly. I cannot confidently state to y'all in two sentences what matters to me most. But I do know what doesn't matter...wasted time on Facebook or Twitter, comparing myself to others, worrying instead of action.

This weekend, I'm reeling in on wasted time because every single moment that I am given on this earth is for a purpose. It was given with intention. And the moment I stop living my life to glorify the One who has given me all of this, it's a life that has lost its meaning.

I'm beyond grateful for Christ, who can meet me in my confusion, in my hurt for the families that I haven't met. For the parents of beautiful babies, mourning the loss of a piece of themselves. I'm hurting tonight and I can only imagine what the individuals involved in todays incident must be going through.

My heart is heavy, full of prayers and aching, resting in the comfort of God today, who can give us what we need most in these moments.

Matthew 5:4  Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

No comments:

Post a Comment