Sunday, September 2, 2012

She Shares

Y'all I went back to school for three days last week and by Friday night I was spent. I was exhausted mentally and physically, going back to school is a tough! I'm beyond thankful that I started daily journaling with God and with She Reads Truth. It has been a blessing before I even realized it, I have set this pattern throughout the summer and realized its importance before going back to school. But this is where I need your help.

How do you maintain this time with the Lord when school returns or life gets in the way? 

 When I can barely get out of bed at 6am, let alone think clearly and thoughtfully to God. When there's homework, dinner, chores to do, dogs to care for and the list goes on and on. But He is so important, I need it! 

Y'all, I'm three days in and haven't been able to commit time to my She Reads Truth devotions. I had four days of my Stepping Up study to do and did one. I'm not excelling in any form of Bible study this week other than a morning and evening prayer from Daily Prayers for Busy People by William J. O'Malley. I need help.

I'm craving this time but I don't know how to do it. I'm challenged to spend Sunday as a Sabbath, but am too stressed to get homework done in time to make that happen. I need peace as I'm going through change in my family and I'm not even at peace with where I am with God. My oh my, this is raw. 

I'm praying that I may be blessed with information by those in the She Reads Truth community. That God may show me how to spend time with Him through YOU! I pray that I may be able to find patience and endurance to complete my homework and not feel stressed doing so. 

I have Philippians 4:8 on a sticky-note on my computer and it's something that I haven't even looked at this week. God is working. I just need to be patient, see it and believe it.

Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about what is pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8 

7 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I am always extremely busy during the school week and I find it very hard for me to spend time with God. I hope that you find a way to spend more time with God and when you do please share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we can encourage ourselves through this challenge! I know the time is worth it because I can feel the difference. I've started making sure I read the Word every morning, let it be one verse or the daily Proverbs from She Reads Truth. Then I journal before I go to bed, sometimes, and if I don't I know it's not the end of the world. I'll be praying that He shows you the time in your day for Him and for the much needed alone time!

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel less overwhelmed soon and can make time for what you want to! I definitely want to look into this book and devotional now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Getting into the third, a first full week of school has been so nice. I finally feel like I have everything somewhat under control. I really recommend the She Reads Truth study and community! On days I can't get myself to sit down and journal I'm constantly looking at the Instagram feed and feeling God's Word in my phone! I love it. Thank you for the sweet comment!

      Delete
  3. Just tried replying to your comment from last night and you don't have email enabled. Totally understand if there's a reason, and I rarely write back to comments, but I wanted to send you an email :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and really want to check out She Reads Truth! I nominated you for the liebster award!

    xx,
    Maia
    highcottonhoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maia, thank you for the sweet comment and the award! I hope you're having a lovely week!

      Delete