Friday, September 14, 2012

Love

 
We made it. It's Friday, about six o'clock and we've done it, all of us, we have survived this week.

You're here, classes are done with and for me, the three-day weekend is just beginning. God is so good and I just want to scream it from the rooftops. I love it. I have the Lord in my heart and my soul and I feel Him working. I feel it and it is one of the best feelings ever.

 I wish I could sit down or email each and every one of you that are reading this and encourage you in some way. I am challenged, encouraged and just flat out love fellowship and Lara Casey has showed me the power of encouragement. The Lord has used her in my life to show me how to just love people. 

Love, love, love. 

That is all we need and above all else that is what we are called to do by the Lord! I love it. 

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other.
 John 13:34

I see this as such a huge challenge and it's just flat out hard sometimes. But y'all, love always triumphs. I'm so grateful that the Lord has told us to love each other because it's so much more than being nice.

It's about being generous when you feel it deep in your heart, it's about caring for others before yourself, it's about being inconvenienced and getting a little uncomfortable. Boy, oh boy, is it so worth it. Loving on friends and family through action leaves you with the best feeling. It's grace that is actively being lived out in your life and the Lord honors it. I would say He just LOVES it!

I pray that each and every one of you this weekend feel challenged to love on someone in a new way. That if you feel Him guiding you in your heart this weekend, you stop and listen. But this weekend, take the listening one step farther and act!

No comments:

Post a Comment