Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trust God

Yesterday was the first day of VBS at my church. For those of you that don't know what that is, it's Vacation Bible School that teaches kids from pre-school to 4th grade about God. This year the theme is Sky and the phrase that we repeated yesterday was "No matter who you are, trust God." With "Trust God" as the theme for the week.

Since I never went to church before September 2011 I was worried going in to last night. I had no clue what I was getting myself into. I had never gone to VBS as a kid and had no clue what it looked like to have God in your life as a three-year-old. 

What I know now? Seeing a three-year-old talk about trusting God is so incredibly wonderful. I wish I had known God then and wonder how different my life would be. But I'm grateful for my own unique journey to find God and am glad that I haven't had it any other way.

Finding God is a unique experience that happens in so many ways and so differently for everyone. You're raised in a Christian home, a home with a different religion, a religion-less home or something completely different. But in His eyes, it doesn't matter how you've got here, it matters that you're here. Now.

I'm so grateful that we live in a country where we can freely practice the religion of our choice. The 4th of July has truly taught me to be thankful for all the opportunities and options we have living in the United States. I couldn't imagine living somewhere else that doesn't have this freedom. It's a hard pill to swallow.

2 comments:

  1. Nicely written! I am glad that you have found God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so well written. And you're right, it's important to be grateful for our own journey as that becomes our testimony.

    ReplyDelete