Saturday, July 28, 2012

Diving In



She Reads Truth is a community of women reading Truth together. We all follow one plan, read one Bible, journal, and share. It's a community that has become an essential part of my day.

Throughout the day through Instagram on my iPhone I look at all the pictures tagged with #shereadstruth. I tend to search this quite frequently that I can now type these words without even looking. Impressive, no?

I love seeing how others are reflecting and reacting to the daily reading. I love seeing the creativity of others overflow through one image. Jennifer's picture was the first one I saw that got me hooked on She Reads Truth and her images continue to inspire me on a daily basis.

Without these images and the online community formed in the comments of their daily posts, I'm not sure I would have been able to stick with this plan. I'm not saying that I haven't fallen behind, because I have. But because of His grace, I have been able to catch-up, realizing that my daily time with Him needs to be important. It has to happen.

Our Prayer plan is different than the ones previously, there is no "journal prompt", just scripture. I didn't like it at the beginning, I wanted the prompt and didn't know what to do without it there. I could not understand why other people were so in love with it, I wasn't getting it. I struggled with this until yesterday, my time in the Word wasn't firing me up. I want my time in the Word to fire me up no matter where I am or what I'm doing and I don't pray that enough.

Now? I'm fired up, I'm challenged to pray more and pray meaningfully. I've realized that I can't breeze through scripture like I was when there was a prompt involved. Just having His Word in front of me means diving deeper, breaking down every verse and figuring out what it means for me that day. Writing how it makes me feel, new thoughts & ideas as well as the impact it has on me. 

The reason I had fallen behind because I didn't have enough time to devote to my favorite verse, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. I couldn't will myself to do it if I wasn't going to put my all in to it. Sometimes a break is needed, but getting caught up after this break has cleared my head and helped me realize what I need to do. 

I'm making sure I have enough time to devote to my time with the Lord. I make sure to carve out an hour in my day, because if I'm going to live my life for Christ then I better be spending some serious time with Him every single day. It may not happen everyday but He knows that and I have His grace to help me pick it up after missing a day or two.

I'm beyond grateful for this community, for this opportunity to dive deeper into the Word and prayer. Praying is something that is new to me and having scripture that is focused just on that, on instructing you how to pray, has been invaluable. 

My prayer lately is that I will be fired up about God and be filled with a passion for Him that is overflowing. I pray that everyone who reads or is touched in some way by my blog can come to know Christ as well. My time in the Word is so important to me and thanks to She Reads Truth I hope that I can continue to maintain this time when school starts back up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment