Monday, April 16, 2012

A Trusted Favorite

I began baking banana bread in my dad's rental house throughout my parents divorce. I would bake a batch of banana bread every weekend I was there for months and I knew that they enjoyed it. 
As a baker I always struggled with finding a recipe that consistently turned out. I loved baking but was tired of putting in so much time and effort into a recipe that didn't even turn out. In comes Grand Central Bakery's Banana Bread (the President visited them this summer!). I have made this dozens of times and every single time it has come out wonderfully.
Granted there were times when the ripeness of the bananas effected the recipe but never did it turn out to be in-edible. I love it. It is a true recipe that I love. For so long this recipe was how I entertained myself and stayed busy, one day I won't even need the recipe anymore!
With every mash of the bananas to the whirring of my mixer I feel at peace with this recipe. It makes me think and makes me grateful for how far my family and I have come.
I encourage you to buy their cookbook where you will find this delicious recipe! I'm currently in California, so I am unable to post the recipe for all of you. If you would like the recipe and are not interested in buying the book, please comment and I will get you the recipe! This is the best banana bread I have ever had and I'm sure it will become a treasured favorite of yours too!

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blogging Award! Come check it out at: http://theblondeinblue.blogspot.com/ !

    By the way, that banana bread looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I love banana bread.

    ReplyDelete