Friday, April 13, 2012

ACT Worries

I take the ACT tomorrow and I am beyond nervous. I keep on worrying about what will happen and what could go wrong, when it really is only a test. Looking back years from now, my worrying won't have changed my scores at all. My worries are more likely to hurt my scores than help them. I truly hate standardized tests. They're pointless and don't accurately gauge a students abilities. 
Today I'm trying to find peace wherever I can. I made Pioneer Woman's Lemon-Blueberry Pancakes this morning and they were absolutely delicious. The perfect Friday treat! I recommend you make them this weekend, you won't regret it! I made the batter earlier this week and made them today, such a fun treat to start the day with!
During these times of stress I find such comfort in a God that knows me so well and knows what tomorrow will bring. That He knows it will all be okay, the most reassuring part though? That He has provided me with everything I need. Everything. As I trust in the Lord, I hope that you all find peace this weekend and joy in the positive things we do have! I cannot wait to read Bloom since I finished I've Got Your Number yesterday. I am so blessed that I even have the opportunity to take this test, worry should be the farthest thing from my mind!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
Phil. 4:6-8

1 comment:

  1. I know a lot of people taking the ACT tomorrow where I live. I took it in October this year, and I did pretty well since it was my first one with no ACT prep. And I am taking it again when it is mandatory a few weeks from now at my school. You will do fine though! Don't worry about it and do the best you can (: Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete