Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Time to Breathe

Yesterday night after talking, venting and expressing my thoughts about tennis to anyone who would listen I decided that tennis wouldn't be right for me this year. I knew going into the season that it wasn't going to be like it had been and that was worrisome, but it was much worse than I thought. Yet I am not alone in thinking that tennis is too much, another girl on my team also decided not to play this season today. It's incredible how reassuring it is when you aren't the only one doing something. I struggle with comparisons and needing to know what others are doing to feel confident in myself. It's something I work on every day and it's a major weak-spot when I'm stressed. But I know one thing for sure, that this decision was the best decision for me.
Since I wasn't at practice after school today I got to go to Starbucks after school and study before picking my brother up early from baseball. I enjoyed this time to myself, to study in an environment that I love to work in. This time helped me feel incredibly prepared for when I came home, knowing that my History homework was already done. What an incredible relief! This week is still a struggle for me to complete every assignment and I'm cutting it close. But I know that every day is a challenge and it's what I decide to do with that challenge that defines me. Hopefully, a class of Pure Barre tomorrow will get me incredibly prepared and motivated for a night full of studying for biology!

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture! Did you take it via instagram? I will have to follow you lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I did, I'm Mac_kenzie on Instagram!

      Delete