Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Little Things

It has been a long week, friends. I'll be glad when the clock hits 2:50 tomorrow and I can go home, pack for my dad's house and spend a night catching up on copying notes while emptying out my DVR! 

Tonight I let the smallest things get to me. I lost a highlighter, one highlighter, at school today and was completely distraught that I didn't have it. It completely derailed me from what I was doing. Not good!

I'm struggling this week. I've been trying to get as much done as possible but it's causing so much stress. I have so much to do but I start too late or get distracted too easily! Next week I have a test or a quiz every day and it is no time to mess around. I'm trying to manage my time as wisely as possible but at this point I'm just struggling getting done what needs to be done. And I'm exhausted.

The week that never ends will be over in less than twenty-four hours and I just need to make it through. I need strength and I am praying hard tonight for a positive outlook. During these silly times it makes me focus on my relationship with God. That He knew that I would lose my highlighter and trusting in him worked when we were getting groups assigned in class this week, I don't know why I have reason to doubt Him today. 

Over the smallest thing, one highlighter, when I have a plethera of highlighters in my room, I need to learn to let things go. It's been a challenge that I have always struggled with. I'm a perfectionist and type-A to the T with a pinch of OCD. I try to do my best but have to remember to focus on the reason why I am doing everything, not just when I'm at church on Sunday but during those troubling Thursdays too. Our God will always be there for us, an incredibly comforting feeling.

"‘For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"
Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment