Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Rough Year

As 2011 comes to a close I can only reflect on what has happened this year and take away what I can. Grow and learn from past experiences. This year has been a rough year for me and my family, but I did not realize how hard this year was for me until now. I've been hurt this year by those I loved, betrayed by those I thought were closest to me and my whole life was moved. It has been a long year and I am happy to say goodbye to 2011. 

As I begin 2012, I start thinking what I've done wrong and where I could have done better and what I really want 2012 to be about. I want to recover from everything that has happened this year and finally, truly feel happy about where I am. Doubt myself less. Become more confident. Do not second guess everything and the comparisons have to stop.

Being in high school, comparisons are easy to make since you are placed in a group with those who are all the same age and are all taking the same classes. It's all too easy for me to guilt myself by comparing how much more others did, but this year that isn't fair to make. We're all fighting a hard battle throughout this crazy thing called life and some years are harder, much harder, than others. 

My hope for 2012 is that it is a bit easier than 2011, for me, my family and for everyone around me. I hope your 2012 is filled with joy, love and happiness!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment